1. Birds of a feather flock together.
2. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
3. A friend is easier lost than found.
4. A friend is never known till a man has need.
5. A friend without faults will never be found.
6. A hedge between keeps friendship green.
7. The friendship of a gentleman is as insipid as water.
8. A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
9. Between friends all is common.
10. Short accounts make long friends.
11. Old friends and old wines are best.
12. Life without a friend is death.
13. I cannot be your friend and your flatterer too.
14. Everything is good when new, but friends when old.
15. He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind our backs.
16. Friends agree best at distance.
17. Friends are thieves of time.
18. A faithful friend is hard to find.
19. Even reckoning makes long friends.
20. Make your enemy your friend.
21. We shall never have friends if we expect to find them without fault.
22. False friends are worse than bitter enemies.
23. A good book is a good friend.
24. A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever.
25. A life without a friend is a life without a sun.
26. A man who has friends must show himself friendly.
27. No road is long with good company.
28. Faith will move mountain.
29. It is better to be alone than in bad company.
30. Fine feathers make fine birds.
31. Judge not according to the appearance.
32. Without confidence there is no friendship.
33. A good friend is my nearest relation.
34. Without a friend, the world is a wilderness.
35. The best mirror is a friend’s eye.
36. Success has many friends.
37. Poverty tries friends.
38. Better without gold than without friends.
39. A friend to all is a friend to none.
40. All are not friends that speak us fair.
41. A man is known by his friends.
42. Books and friends should be few but good.
43. Friendship cannot stand always on one side.
44. Friends must part.
45. A trouble shared is a trouble halved.
46. Every man has his faults.
47. True friendship lasts forever.
48. Many hands make light work.
49. When a friend asks, there is no “tomorrow”.
50. Even the best of friends must part.
51. Set great store by friendship.
52. Between friends all is common.
53. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near.
54. Most men’s friendships are too inarticulate.
55. Friendship is like a plant of slow growth.
56. A man knows his companion in long journey and a little inn.
57. The more we love our friends, the less we flatter them.
58. A father is a treasure, a brother is a comfort, but a friend is both.
59. A friend exaggerates a man's virtue, an enemy his crimes.
60. A friend in court is better than a penny in purse.